I have decided to make some notes along the way this week as part of my reflection. I did my exploring and there was good product information. The articles I found most helpful were "The Art of the Edit" by Janis Lonnquist. I found very much in tune with what I want to learn and well written. It did not too much information to overwhelm and no information that I could not understand. I could relate to it as an artist. The other article I really liked was "Video Basics and Production Projects for the Classroom" by Andrew Garrison. It along with my new found knowledge of digital stories help me to think of ways that I can incorporate this technology into the units I teach. I have to say that I was using several different kinds of software along with my iPhone in creating my digital story so I had a lot fun to the point of exhaustion.
This course has been so intense I thought we were already in week three! For those of you who might have seen this post before this edit you will know what I mean.
The only easy thing about this course so far was downloading Audacity and LAME. Now I am in the throes of working on a video podcast for using adobe premiere for video editing. As if I did not have a BIG ? over my head. Yesterday I read the assignment and overview multiple times. I looked for videos in the "public domain", look for and watched tutorials, read through the users guide for my editing software, played around with the software, found a couple of great short films one is public domain, that is the one that I am using and it relates nicely to some of my older work, I looked for and found screen capture recording software, for FREE, made decisions about what my podcast will about. If you are exhausted from reading my run-on and on sentence then you might know how I felt last night.
Today I am refreshed and a lot more knowledgeable about what I am supposed to do. I am ready to write the full version of my script and record my podcast. I wonder how I will feel by the end of the day.
I have learned a lot this week. I can't believe the amount of information I have gained in such a short period of time. I have made lots of mistakes, and started over several times. I have learned so much about Adobe, found public domain films, found ezvid and used it for recording my computer screen. Great fun and exhausting at the same time.
I really love the film that I stumbled upon in my search. I felt so connected to it immediately. Len Lye and I are somewhat kindred spirits.
No comments:
Post a Comment