Friday, June 15, 2012

5363 Podcast Plan and Script

I suppose I could have broken the podcast into 2 or 3 different podcasts, but that is for the future more experienced version of me. I am becoming Nancy 2.0!


My plan is to create a tutorial that will show and explain how to combine still and moving images, in order to create a new video using Adobe Premiere Elements. It will cover clip cutting, transitions, along with adding and editing still images. The final podcast will be uploaded to YouTube. 

My Script:
I found a lovely, handpainted, film by Len Lye; that reminds me of some of my older work. I am in the process of combining the film with my etchings using Adobe Premiere Elements.
I am cutting a clip from a longer segment of film; I found the start point, clicked on “timeline” and then “split clip”. I am moving the marker to the exact point that I want the clip to end.  There, I like that.  This time I click the “scissor icon” to make the cut.
I have to go the “sceneline” and click on the segment to to find my clip, click, drag, and drop it into place.
Then I pick my etching from the “project folder”, click, drag, and drop it into place.
The etching needs to be re-sized and repositioned. I don’t want to use the entire etching. I can do this by clicking on it and dragging it or the edges. I can also click on “effects”, then “edit effects”, open the “motion menu” and deselect “constraints”. Then I am able to change the height and width independently and re-position the image to what I want to see is on screen, and I like that.
I clicked on “image control” and I am changing the saturation to make the image look more yellow. I am trying to make it blend a bit better with the film. I am also altering the the brightness. There, I like that.
The etching is on screen too long, so I will drag the time marker to shorten it.
And that is the short of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment