|
I
wasn’t able to interview the campus principal so I interviewed a person at
the DE Department of Education and a person on the school leadership
team. Because I this I was able to get
a broader perspective of how things work throughout the state as well as the perspective
of the individual school.
While
I can’t say that anything has surprised me I can say that I learned how
interconnected RTTT is with the actions of schools and districts including
things like RTI and law along with the processes of SBDMs.
It seems that throughout the state people
who serve on the SBDMs have been chosen in much the same way as at my
school. Although, I am hopeful that
other teachers have more input in other schools. However, at my school the person who serves
on the committee that I interviewed does feel that her voice is heard. So at least on that level teachers’ voices
are being heard. Statewide there are
members of the outside community that also serve on the SBDMs but I don’t
believe that is so in our school committee.
Most
of the information does align with what I have learned in this program
throughout all of the courses that I have taken. The one thing that does not is the members
of the SBDMs. There should be a
broader perspective on the SBDM committees and I like Ms. Richardson’s view
of rotating members to serve the community at large and gain a broader
perspective of the school. (Richardson, 2005) By doing that the committee
will have fresh views when things might become stagnant.
Richardson, M. (2005). Consensus
leadership. Principal Leadership, 6(4), 32-35.
|
Friday, July 5, 2013
EDLD 5333 - Site Based Decision Making
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment