I watched the web conference from March 7. I wasn’t able to hear all of the participants introduce themselves. Ironically, I could hear them better when they just talked out of turn in the beginning.
I am sorry that I was not able to make that conference. I wanted to meet everyone as well hear Professor Borel’s information.
I was able to get a better understanding of the requirements for internship and the 150 hours. Now I am wondering if my workshop/presentation on web-based international collaborations at the National Art Education Association Conference on March 1 will count towards the 150 hours?
Also, Prof. Borel spoke about the accreditation of Lamar University. I had already checked with the state of Delaware DOE to see if it was appropriate for me, since I live and work and work in DE. However, I want to piggy back on what she was saying about online degrees. Especially when online learning began the courses of study were looked upon as a bit of a joke and teachers were just taking them to get an increase in pay. However, since then, if you look for the right program that is no longer true. I signed on for this degree after looking at many options. This one got my interest because it is about technology and it would open new avenues for me. My experience so far has been jam packed with information and very rigorous.
I hope those days of online fluff degrees are gone for good. We are in a new era of delivering rigorous and meaningful content online. Especially since online courses are becoming mandatory in more and more high schools across the country. A change in attitude is due.
No comments:
Post a Comment