Sunday, March 11, 2012

About Me


Welcome to my blog.
My name is Nancy Petrella and I am a Visual Arts teacher at Everett Meredith Middle School in Middletown, Delaware. Meredith Middle is a part of the Appoquinimink School District. Appoquinimink is a native American word and it is difficult to pronounce until you get used to it. Everyone just shortens it to Appo.
I have been teaching for 12 years and it has always been about art. I became a teacher because I had some big ideas about the way art should be taught and I did not particularly like what I was hearing from art teachers at the time. However, I did not consider teaching until after I became a parent.
My son Ethan and Art are my two main guiding forces in life.
I received my undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware in Fine Arts. Many years later I went back to school at Delaware State University and received my teaching certificate.
Between my time spent in pursuit of education I worked mostly in visual merchandising for Macy’s and John Wanamaker’s, and most of that time was as Visual Merchandising Manager for John Wanamaker’s. You probably have never heard of them because they were a fairly large chain based in Philadelphia and New York. Now they only exist in memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment