Granger et al. (2002) found that “supportive relationships among teachers, a commitment to pedagogically sound implementation of new technologies, and principals who encourage teachers to engage in their own learning” (p. 2) were factors that led to innovative teaching in the classroom. It is important, therefore, to design technology professional development in ways that provide opportunities for teachers to work and reflect together ( pp. 1–2). (Pitler, 2005, p2)
Although I don't have the luxury of face time with the teachers I am working with them on a discussion board to try to offer them time to reflect together on their efforts to implement technology in their classrooms. Also, I am providing them with resources for self guided professional development. This program I am implementing is mandatory. However, with the expectation that teachers will begin with varying levels of comfort with technology having the resources that I have put together for them will allow them to choose what they need when they need it and then talk to me and the other teachers.
They also have the ability to ask questions and let me know what they need that has not already been provided for them. I have set up a forum for that and will continue to set up forums for various discussions on different topics.
Now that I have read this article I have learned that I need to add a group reflection forum as well. Even though I have already made my surveys, this article gives me the surveys that McREL (2005) used so I can go back and tweak mine if necessary.
I am glad that I read this article again,because there is a wealth of information in it that I can definitely use in my own research. I also plan to read the chapters in the books again because I know they have relevance for me as well.
I cannot pin-point the source of the struggles of my brain this week but I was having such difficulty comprehending what I was reading. Maybe it was left over anxiety of week three or work issues, but this course could not have been planned better for me in both content and in timing if I have made the schedule myself.
This course has been difficult work but very appropriate and informative. I always like a good challenge.
Pitler, H. (2005). McRel technology initiative: The development of a technology intervention program final report (Contract Number ED-01-CO-0006). Aurora, CO: Mid-Continent Research for Education and Learning. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED486685) Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED486685&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED486685
No comments:
Post a Comment