Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Action Planning Template


Action Planning Template
Goal: Provide new teachers and their mentors with resources and extra support for acclimation and to enable greater technology use and integration in the classroom.
Action 
Steps(s):
Person(s) Responsible:
Timeline: Start/End
Needed Resources
Evaluation
Search for literature 
on research topic
Petrella
4/13/2012
Internet access
Relevance
to topic
Set up site on 
district intranet.
Site will include:
  • Web links
  • Tutorials
  • Discussion board


Petrella
Beeson
4/18/2012
8/1/ 2012
Any existing tutorials
for technology used 
by the district. 
If a tutorial does 
not exist, I need 
access to the 
technology in order to
create the tutorial or
find existing tutorial on
the web.
Various web links
Check list
Search intranet and internet for existing tutorials
Petrella
4/20/2012
District intranet and internet
Check list
Review websites for relevance and quality
Petrella
4/20/2012
Internet
Relevant, current,
reliable
Review existing literature on research topic.
Petrella
4/20/2012
websites and articles
Relevance
to topic
Create presentation for new teachers
Petrella
6/?/2012
Computer, MS Office
Teacher evaluations
Present to new teachers/mentors and have them answer survey or show them where to find survey if using survey monkey
Petrella
Pepukayi
Panchisin
8/?/2012
A scheduled time for presenting, computer. LCD projector, names of new teachers and their mentors with email addresses.
Teacher evaluations 
and surveys
Host discussion board for data gathering
Petrella
8/27/2012
12/1/2012
District intranet
Teacher comments on the discussion board
Survey teachers/mentors
Petrella
12/1/2012
Internet
Data
Analyze data
Petrella
12/?/2012
 Klein
Data results
Implement improvements in the process if necessary
Petrella
12/?/2012
Depends upon data
Teacher
surveys
Host discussion board for more data
Petrella
12/1/2012
5/31/2013
District intranet
Teacher comments on the discussion board
Survey teachers/mentors
Petrella
5/31/2013
Internet
Data
Analyze new data
Petrella
6/?/2013
Klein
Data results
Conclusions and recommendations
Petrella
6/?/2013
Computer, MS Office
Written report and discussion

Format based on Tool 7.1 from Examining What We Do to Improve Our Schools
(Harris, Edmonson, and Combs, 2010)


11 comments:

  1. Looks like you are on the right track. There are times I feel overwhelmed and worried, but looking at yours I feel like I may be doing ok. Your topic looks interesting and I can't wait to see how it goes.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,
    It seems that we feel the same way. I think we are on the right track. I am a bit confused about the evaluation section of mine. There isn't always a way to evaluate. I did the best I could. Maybe things will be clearer later in the week?
    Best,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    It looks like you are on the right track. The plan should outline the key steps to completing the project. The evaluation for each step should give you feedback as to whether that step has been completed. Using a list, a logged item in a journal, discussion at a meeting, posting results in some location are all forms of tracking progress (evaluation) of various steps in the process.
    Dr. Mason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dr. Mason. I think I can fill in the rest of my blanks now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy,
    Your plan looks great! I am just curious if I need to put names or titles in the person responsible section. I used titles but I see you used names. I was glad to see Dr. Mason's comments on evaluations. I feel like I may be on the right track (or atleast I hope so).
    Ned Barrier

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ned,
    I think you can use names or titles. I found names to be easier and less confusing for me. Also, I have worked with the people I mention for a long time so I am actually on a first name basis with all of them. I think you can do what is comfortable for you.
    I too found Dr. Mason's comments about evaluations very helpful.
    Best,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy,
    I’m sure you’ve already thought of this but you might poll the teachers / staff in your school as soon as possible and ask if they have any websites or tutorials in mind that they currently use and love. Many times, it is not that the information is not available but that it is not available in one convenient and easy to access place. Hopefully that would at least get you started and you could add to it as the information became available to you.
    I really like your idea !! Good luck!! Looking forward to watching for your results!!
    Regards,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sue. I did not think of it that way. That's a good approach to finding more good resources.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've gotten a lot of great comments. Do you mind reviewing my plan and giving me some feedback? I've only had one comment by Dr. Mason.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once you collect a list of all of these resources have you thought of a way to share these with a wider audience. We have a professional development center in our district and one weekend a group of teachers hosted a day long event where the teacher attending could sign up for the topic that interested them most. It might be a great way to share what you've learned with others. My sister went and learned about a lot of great technology ideas & websites, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie,
    Everyone in the district will be able to have access to the site. However, I am focusing on new teachers for my research. This will enable me to obtain information about how this will be a viable way of sustaining support for teachers. Once this has been established I think the district administrators will want to open it to everyone. They especially want everyone in the district to learn about and use the intranet. I can also put the information up on the internet.
    Thanks for your comment. I will look at you blog.
    Best,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete