Sunday, December 16, 2012

EDLD 5397 Week Four Web Conference


I learned about the week 5 assignment in writing the professional development plan.  The way it was described in the conference is not feasible in my circumstances.  In Delaware we have some options but I am not working in the friendliest of environments and if I ask to shadow someone or do PD for individual items I will not be supported and will have to take personal days to do it even if I find someone who is willing to work with me on a specific item.  My best bet for PD is to enter into a 2 year administrator intership, and that is what I will write in my plan.  In my district we have something called Aspiring Administrators, which is a 2 year program in the district.  The state offers a program called Innovative Schools which is also a 2 year program where the admin intern is placed in a high needs school in the state.  I am certain that with both of these programs I will learn everything imaginable and then some.  Also, this way I do not have to fit it into my teaching schedule and I get paid for learning.  After that I can do seminars on topics of need.

The other thing I learned from the web conference is that if my site supervisor does not get my ETLISE completed that is another form that I wll have to fill out and hand in.  Just another bit of anxiety.  I better email a friendly reminder.  I have not even had the opportunityto catch up on my campus supervised activities.  Maybe I do write more than I have to but that is my process and I can’t help that right now.  So I am running behind because once I get the action research draft completed I will have to get started on writing the items I have not had a chance to write in my campus supervised report and my course embedded report.

More time needs to be given to actually catch up in this course. Can the discussion board be eliminated?  It’s probably just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment